Thursday, September 5, 2013

Something Like Winter by Jay Bell Book Review


There is a talent in being able to tell the same story twice. Something Like Winter by Jay Bell tells the story of Ben and Tim from Tims POV. Despite it being the same story being told. It still manages to hold interest as we get to see Tim’s perspective on events.

One of my favorite parts was when Tim was in college, it was one of the first time I really felt for him. It was also the only time Ben’s point of view wasn’t nagging.

Overall, SLW holds its own when placed against SLS. If I could reread the two books for the first time and start with Winter, I would. Why? To see if I would find Tim as big of a ass.

Something Like Winter is a four out of five.

P.S. A-hole characters are still good characters

No comments:

Post a Comment