Thursday, September 5, 2013

Scrap Metal by Harper Fox Book Review


Scrap Metal by Harper Fox is a first person story with a title that makes me think sci-fi instead of a gay Scottish romance, but that is what it is. It is the story of Nichol and his return home to the farm after the death of his brother and mother. Coming home is something he obviously didn’t want to do but family is important and the farm needed help. The story picks up from there as Cam is introduced as the love intrest and the reason for the climax.

My opinions on this story is that it was a good read and the author has been placed on read again list but i did have complaints. My main problem was the relationship between Nichol and his grandfather. It didn’t get resolved or transform. I understand that they are highlanders and such acknowledgement of emotions is beneath them but still. A little peace between the two would be nice as I felt unsatisfied with the way it played out. Other then that I did enjoy the story.

This story receives a three out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment