Thursday, September 5, 2013

Crossroads by Keta Diablo book review


Crossroads by Keta Diablo was an entertaining read. Cop tuned private investigator Frank McGuire is recruited by the police to help find the Black Rail; a serial killer has been rampaging for months. Alongside, the Black Rail, Emily Brennan, the wife of Franks deceased and ex partner Quinn, calls and asks for his help in searching for her son Rand who has disappeared.

I enjoyed this story as I expected to. There was however one scene in the story that had me scratching my head and thinking “WTF?” You’ll know which one I’m talking about when you read it. No, just no. The hero isn’t supposed to do that. I also kept forgetting that the story was third person instead of first.  I blame the fact that most PI stories I have read were in first person and the gritty feel of the story kept making me think that.

On a scale of one to five, I have given this book a three. Love the gritty edge and the main character. I will read the sequel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment