Thursday, September 5, 2013

Something Like Summer by Jay Bell Book Review


I’m a sucker for a good deal and a pretty cover. And while Something Like Summer cover wasn’t the prettiest in the world, it was a buck and I knew I liked the author from a previous read.

Something Like Summer by Jay Bell tells the story of Ben and Time over the span of several decades, starting in high school ending in their late twenties. It is firmly set in Ben’s POV.

One of the many things I like about this book is the contrast between the characters. For example, Ben is out and proud. Maybe a little too proud, but it’s a good trait to have, maybe necessary as he would seem too much like a bitch without it. While Tim, on the other hand, is closeted and kind of an ass.

One of the things I didn’t is that Ben kept coming back to Tim.

I do my best to avoid spoilers so I won’t go any further then to say I enjoyed this book and happily bought the sequel.

Something Like Summer receives a three and a half out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment