Friday, September 20, 2013

Sanguis City by Morgan Jane Mitchell Book Review


“The End was not a zombie apocalypse but a vampire apolypse.”


My initial reaction to Sanguis City by Morgan Jane Mitchell was ‘oh great another vampire novel.’ But a good promo tag can grab even the reluctant.

Yet, for the first few chapters, my assumption was valid as I couldn’t get into it. It is a first person story and that always makes it late to the race in my opinion. But at chapter four- I think- I started to. Noir started to get interesting to me.

I enjoyed the story as far as it went; a mix of romance, sex and a dash of danger. It was inventive and refreshing twist on the vampire genre. It also added new terms to a stagnate glossary.

My main issue with the novel was the formatting of chapter six. I have a Kindle Fire with a black background, as white was too bright for my tastes. For some reason or another, chapter six wouldn’t show up unless I changed the background color. While it wasn’t a huge problem, it was distracting.

Overall, I truly enjoyed Sanguis City and give it a three out of five with the prequels and the soon to be released sequel added to my ‘to read’ list.

No comments:

Post a Comment