Thursday, October 23, 2014

PDP Before the Book a Glimpse: Calvin and Kris

 “Has anyone ever told you that you are a cold hearted bitch?” Calvin asked as he watched Kris smirk at her phone.
“It’s possible, but at this level of not caring, I’m unsure.” Kris replied, taking her phone and shoving it into her pocket.
Calvin laughed. “So who did I yell at?”
“Some fool who keeps blowing up my phone.” She answered.
Calvin rolled his eyes. “That’s what you get when you accept a phone from your cousin.”
Kris shrugged and looked at her best friend. “What you making for dinner?”
“Leftovers.”
“Lazy.”
Calvin raised an eyebrow. “I don’t see you making anything.”
“Looks like mine don’t cook. They simply eat.”
“Explains your hips.”
“You calling me fat?”
“Let’s go with that.”
“Has anyone told you that you are a condescending ass?”
“More than likely,” Calvin agreed. “But when you hit my level, you no longer worry.”
Kris looked at him with wide eyes and tilted her head back. “Ha!”


So there you go. A glimpse into the lives of Calvin and Kris, the main mortals of Power Draws Power, before the arrival of Mikhail and the gods.
This idea came to me after I received a text message from someone who I had no desire to talk to after two years of silence.
But if you enjoyed this little chat between Kris and Calvin, head over to Amazon or Barnes and Nobles to purchase Power Draws Power. Links are located on the left hand side

No comments:

Post a Comment