Thursday, February 6, 2014

Vegan Waffle Recipe

This is a recipe from vegan month. As I’m still waiting from a friends response to my essay on said month, I thought this would be a good idea.

Vegan waffles for one
Serves 1: two waffles

I like waffles. It’s as simple as that. But finding a vegan waffle recipe would have taken too long as my phone was dead and I didn’t want to go into my room for my laptop. So I just threw a few ingredients into a bowl and this is what turned out.  Add a little vegan butter or maple syrup and it’s good to eat.

2/3 cup unbleached flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp organic brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tbs of bob mills egg replacer and 3 tbs water
 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
2 tbs grapeseed oil
2 teaspoon vanilla

Turn waffle iron on and set to medium.
Put all ingredients into a small bowl and mix with a whisk.
 Spray iron with coconut oil.
Pour batter into iron and close lid.
Wait for steam to cease, than remove from iron.

Place on plate and consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment