Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Book Review: Pawn Storm by Andrew Ashling


So if you are one of the people who follow me on twitter, you will remember a tweet complaining about the severe lack of Ehandar in this book. And by lack I mean none, save mention. I’m a diehard Ehandar fan. But that isn't the point of this review. The point of this review is to discuss what I liked about this book and what I didn't.
Pawn Storm by Andrew Ashling is book three of the Invisible Hands quadriliogy and the longest in terms of how much is accomplished. Due to risk of spoilers, I won’t go into detail about what happens suffice to say things go down. A war between the two super powers of the south starts. Anaxantis plots and schemes as if playing a game of chess. Hence the name.
What I liked about this book was the amount characterization. There are more the six characters that get field time;   Rhonoman, Lorsanthian, and of course, Ximerionian are their nationalities and each of these characters add their own perspective about the war. Due to the immense length of the story, it works.
However, a story this size can become confusing and from time to time, I did get lost, but staying up until two in the morning just so I could finish another chapter would cause such an issue as well.

Minding that, I did enjoy this book, ranking in at a four out of five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment