Thursday, February 27, 2014

No Longer Just Green Sandwich Recipe


The first time I made this sandwich, it was my month of being a vegan and I had very little in the fridge, just one or two pieces of kale, onions and garlic. But I was hungry and I wasn’t grocery shopping until later in the day. So using what I had at hand, I sautéed the kale with the onions and garlic and added smoked paprika to give an extra kick of flavor. Veganase on the bread and I was done. 
I remade the sandwich the other day, added some sliced carrots and used rainbow char instead of kale. Smoked Paprika was still a staple but I used a hamburger bun from New Seasons instead of regular bread.


The remade sandwich. Unfortunately, this bun has honey in it, so it isn’t vegan. 

No Longer Just Green Sandwich

¼ onion sliced (Mine is red)
3 sprigs of rainbow char
1-2 cloves of garlic diced
1 medium carrot
½ tsp smoked paprika 
½ tsp oil (I used grapeseed)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 slices of bread.
Vegenaise

Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat alongside onions, garlic and carrots cook until onions start to turn translucent. 
Mix in char at this point in time, stirring occasionally until wilted. Once wilted, add smoked paprika, salt and pepper. 
Stir one final time before placing on bread or bun topped with Vegenaise.




No comments:

Post a Comment