Saturday, February 28, 2015

Comic Book Review: Aquaman issue 1







So while I was hanging out with a friend a while back, I came across a comic store that was selling back issues of comic’s dollars for a dollar. I had a buck to spare so I searched the bins and came across Aquaman. I have never read an Aquaman comic and I figured, “hey, why not? It’s only a dollar.”
So purchasing the comic, I placed it into my comic bin and ignored it… and all my other comics for the past three months or so.
But I had some time to spare and I dug out a comic.
The first issue of Aquaman was different. If I was to go by the comic cover, I would have thought it would be an issue with more action. It wasn’t. It was more personal. Aquaman is apparently the joke of superheroes as evidence by his helping cops and them being embarrassed for it.
The colorization of the panels looks like most comics of the new 52 line and wasn’t anything grand. I did however enjoy the facial pose; especially the one on the waitress when Aquaman leaves her two gold coins.

Overall, it was a decent first issue and I want to read the second as I believe that is when the action will start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment