Saturday, June 7, 2014

Book Review Earth's First By MJ Caan

In Earth’s First by M.J. Caan, humans’ obtain super powers via the arrival of an alien.
Truth be told, when I opened this e-book, I thought it would be all about city leveling battles, maidens in distress, you know, hero stuff. What I got was a story made up of characters, each with a sympathetic back story that keeps them human, even when they no longer able to make such a claim.
Maura Riley is the star of the show. A woman abused by her husband and the only reason why she stays is because of her son.
Personally, I would have left with my kid as soon as a hand was raised to me. But that’s just my own belief. 
Upon the First’s arrival on Earth, she gains super strength and speed from coming in contact with him. From there, she joins the government in order to understand what has happened to her and locate other like herself.
Without going into greater detail about the story as every character introduced has a part to play, I will end by saying that the sequel better be forthcoming soon and I give this book a four out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment